No information is currently available as to when this program will next be open, how many applications will be permitted and/or what the rules to qualify will be. Please note that sponsors must earn a minimum amount of income for several years before applying and your parents and grandparents must pass an Immigration medical examination.
Super-visas are a type of visitor visa. The period that your parent or grandparent is allowed to stay in Canada, however, is typically longer that that granted under a regular visitor visa.
To apply for the parent and grandparent super visa, you must:
- be the parent or grandparent of a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada,
- be allowed to enter Canada and
- meet certain other conditions.
Note: You cannot include dependents in this application.
Immigration officers consider several things before they decide if you can come to Canada. You must be a real visitor to Canada who will leave by choice at the end of your visit. An officer will consider these factors when you apply:
- your ties to your home country,
- the purpose of your visit,
- your family and finances,
- the overall economic and political stability of your home country, and
- an invitation from a Canadian host.
You must also:
- prove that your child or grandchild in Canada meets a minimum income threshold,
- provide a written statement from that child or grandchild that he or she will give you financial support,
- have valid Canadian medical insurance coverage for at least one year and
- have an immigration medical exam
We have over 50 years of experience in representing clients from over 70 countries. We have an excellent reputation at the Board, and are certified as Immigration Specialists by The Law Society of Upper Canada. Our success is as a result of thorough preparation for each case